? for Chuck Knapp (can you clarify unlimited mod question)?

Mr. Knapp, I've got different answers for this and was hoping you may have an answer since it impacts yourself, Wayne Purser, and I believe Joe Eder.

I see in the Tech Section of the NTPA website these changes for 2020:

2019 rulebook pg 24, letter G now reads:
Automotive engine is any engine or its replica available in a passenger car. Maximum of (8) cylinders. Maximum supercharger size: 14-71, 19-inch rotor case length, 11.25-inch rotor case width. Helix restricted to a maximum rotor spiral of 6.5 degrees per inch of rotor length. Variable multi-speed supercharger devices prohibited.”

Add to 2019 rulebook pg 25, letter G, number 5 and pg 41, letter R:
“Screw-type superchargers are only allowed in the Unlimited (light and heavy) class. Overdrive limited to 125%.”

**** So, I see they added a limit on the screw blower tractors, and I see wording where it specifically says the maximum size is 14-71.

I don't see a word about 18-71s. My question for you is: Is it your understanding that 18-71s are still allowed in the heavy unlimited, or will those of you who ran 18-71s last year have to spend $$$ for either 14-71s ore screw blowers this year? Thanks for clarifying!

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

This forum contains published rumors, speculation, assumptions, opinions as well as factual information. Information on this site may or may not be true and not meant to be taken as fact. This forum makes no warranty as to the validity of any claims. Furthermore the views, opinions and comments expressed by people in the comment section as well as the message board do not reflect the views and opinions of me. They don’t speak for me and I am NOT responsible for their comments. THIS IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT ....
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording