Pulling antique tractore at the Ohio State fairgrounds

In March for 10 years my sons and I pulled Antique tractors along with supplying the scales at the Ohio State fairgrounds starting in 1994. The indoor pull was called the Dekalb Super pull. The pull drew tractors from all over the country while pulling over three days. One building housed the pull and the parking garage was used for the pit area. There were more tractors than spots inside so you had to get there early if you wanted a spot. Several classes had upwards of 80 entries. If you were fortunate enough to get a top ten you did well. A couple of memorable years was when it was 5* inside the pulling building during the pull and then the year there was 4'of snow falling. The ice storm that started while we were pulling another year made it super hard to get to our motel rooms but at least most of the trip from the pit to the arena was covered. One thing though it was always a adventure and always fun. Sadly the fairgrounds kept upping the rent finally forcing the pull to change locations. From there the pull was moved to Eaton Oh. I guess there was something about saying you pulled at the Ohio State Fairgrounds that brought in so many entries because after the move the amount of entries fell off considerably.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

This forum contains published rumors, speculation, assumptions, opinions as well as factual information. Information on this site may or may not be true and not meant to be taken as fact. This forum makes no warranty as to the validity of any claims. Furthermore the views, opinions and comments expressed by people in the comment section as well as the message board do not reflect the views and opinions of me. They donít speak for me and I am NOT responsible for their comments. THIS IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT ....
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording