Para nuestros invitados que hablan Español
Desafortunadamente, no tenemos dinero suficiente para que Chalk Talk sea bilingüe, pero si usted desea dejar mensajes en Español, hágalo sin ningún miedo. Deseamos que con esta información le hayamos facilitado el uso de nuestro foro.

Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Question of the Week Archive
Re(1): Magic city wps pools

I like your thinking.

I have made a number of posts over the years to the effect that jai-alai management has made a major blunder by allowing those pools to languish in an unplayable state.

My guess is that the total amount of creative energy that has been applied to, "Is there anything we can do to ensure that those pools stay healthy?" would be approximately zero.

Which means that as things stand, any newcomer who would like to get his feet wet with tentative WPS bets is all but guaranteed to have a losing experience. A $5 or $10 ticket in any of WPS pools automatically depresses the price to an underlay level. What an unfortunate introduction to jai-alai.

It's really preposterous that jai-alai desperately needs new fans and yet the obvious WPS entry path for first timers is completely broken.

Right now Magic City has momentum with lots of chat and reaching 100+ viewers at times. It would be very interesting to me to see what would happen with attractive WPS pools.

Another consideration is that sometimes when you don't have a strong opinion on a game, you might pass but make a small WPS wager just to have an interest. Possible yesteryear, but not today. Unless you are ok with constantly losing owing to short payoffs.

As for your suggestion, legality aside, funny thing is that I have often imagined doing that myself for a limited time, just as an experiment. Maybe I will drive over to here to see if my ship has come in.

Seriously, somebody needs to try something to promote WPS betting. When I look at the win pools at PBKC, it is staggering.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording