Para nuestros invitados que hablan Español
Desafortunadamente, no tenemos dinero suficiente para que Chalk Talk sea bilingüe, pero si usted desea dejar mensajes en Español, hágalo sin ningún miedo. Deseamos que con esta información le hayamos facilitado el uso de nuestro foro.

Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Question of the Week Archive
OFF TOPIC--STEVE CARLTON'S 1972 SEASON--THE BEST SINGLE SEASON PITCHING PERFORMANCE IN MAJOR LEAGUE HISTORY

https://jbsolock1.blogspot.com/2020/04/steve-carlton-and-1972-philadelphia.html

Will link to directly below

Carlton's 1972 season (27-10 on a team that was 59-97) has always intrigued me, so I thought I would research it. The result is ongoing, as I am writing game "stories" of his starts in real time. 6 have been added to the blog post so far. His next start is on May 13 against the Dodgers.

Each post contains a game story based on newspaper accounts, which I link to when the sources are not propretary, a description of the opponent starter's repertoire and arm angle (with video when available), and Carlton's cumulative and present game statistics. Also included is a partial scorecard (only the opponents, and only when Carlton is in the game). There are also links to Retrosheet.org's play by play, along with current standings at the end of each game, for context. I am examining how he got batters out, and where he made them hit the ball. Thus it is actually his season, start by start and batter by batter. It is hard to believe how stud starting pitchers were used "back in the day", and even harder to believe how quickly the games were played. I hope this provides a little escape and entertainment, along with an appreciation of just how phenomenal a season he had in 1972.

The post is best viewed on a laptop or bigger screen, as linescores and scorecards are done in courier typeface, and line up properly on screens of that size. On a mobile, they don't do as well, and landscape or landscape readerview will render them better.

Enjoy

Steve Carlton's 1972 Season--game by game, batter by batter

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording