Para nuestros invitados que hablan Español
Desafortunadamente, no tenemos dinero suficiente para que Chalk Talk sea bilingüe, pero si usted desea dejar mensajes en Español, hágalo sin ningún miedo. Deseamos que con esta información le hayamos facilitado el uso de nuestro foro.

Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Question of the Week Archive
Its All A Question of Perspective

The simple fact that Scott is proud of the Jai-5 is reason enough for us to have it. If other's like it - all the better.

"Proper Promotion" is absolutely relative and always has been in Jai-Alai and this forum. There's a balancing act between promotion of the wagering and promotion of the sport. We reached-out to ESPN who was not interested - not even in the newsworthy quality of a "professional sport" which was opening-up in the COVID-19 world. Conversely the video from our local channel 4 which approached it from a sports angle was very good.

In terms of spending hard advertising dollars nationally, that is tricky because many out there cannot see Jai-Alai beyond its near-90-year-tie to gambling. Also how much should we spend on advertising to draw people to a free YouTube channel? We had an interesting deal offered to us for aerial advertising and we ran banners over Hartford, Milford and San Diego, CA of all places. But Radio, Print and Television advertising outside of of a market where you at least have a chance to recoup the cost of that advertising is an esoteric concept at best.

I clearly remember when I ran Newspaper, Radio, Cable and Outdoor ads at Miami & Ft. Pierce being told that we were not "marketing it properly" or not running enough ads (and I was the one placing the ads). At magic City (fortunately) I'm limited to training players, program administration and the announcing. Overall I have no issues whatsoever with how Magic City coordinated promotions and/or advertising.

Post 1990, for a variety of reasons, Jai-Alai has never been an easy sell to either bring people in or follow it as a sport. There were three fronton's running in CT at overflow capacity when ESPN was founded in, of all places, CT. The infant network was looking for content which was literally there in their back yard.

So I'm not being defensive but I don't see this as a missed opportunity and as long as the guy who is putting up the $$$ for the jackpot is happy we'll keep doing it. I did pass a billboard on I-95 (in Miami - South facing) advertising the U.S. National Jai-Alai championship and I just thought "wow," that is impressive.

If you have not seen games on the YouTube channel its worth a look (unless you are of the opinion that what we do is an abomination - in which case please continue to ignore us). The live chat is actually pretty interesting and I've been very pleased to see people saying "HI" from as far away as Ireland and the Netherlands. LOL - it is monitored though and unnecessarily rude comments (of which there have been few) are happily deleted :-).

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording