Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
OFF TOPIC--STEVE CARLTON AND THE 1972 PHILLIES--THE GREATEST PITCHER SEASON OF ALL TIME--START 16

https://jbsolock1.blogspot.com/2020/04/steve-carlton-and-1972-philadelphia.html

Will link directly below.

Note. I have added links to ballpark diagrams for all of the parks Carlton has pitched in so far to give you a better idea of what he was dealing with. Most of the cookie cutter multi sport stadiums he pitched in were larger than those of today. Also, half the stadiums in the National League in 1972 were covered with artificial turf (Cin, Hou, Phi, Pit, SF, St.L), with Cin, Phi, and SF having complete coverage (with only base cutouts) in 1972. The site I got this information from is pointed to in the introduction (dated in red) and is one of the most exhaustive, entertaining sites about baseball that I have seen. The Park diagrams and photos alone are worth a look.

Carlton, by the way, got bombed, but the Phillies came back to win one of the uglier games of the season. It was their 5th win in their last 31 games, and broke a 6 game losing streak

Next start. June 25, Parc Jarry, Montreal.

Enjoy

Steve Carlton Greatest Pitching Season of all time--Start 16

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording