Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Re(4): Joey/Churruca

By way of background, I was born in 1946, saw my first jai-alai at the Daytona Beach fronton in the summer of 1965 on a "surfin' safari", and went to Miami JA under the legal age (21 in those days) until the 1967-1968 season when I was "legal" and did not have to walk fast past the ticket-taker. Lots of memories. Asis was the best player on the roster. His height gave him command over much of the court. Chimela was the best wall-climber. I remember a game when he climbed 3 steps up the wall - for each of three returns in a row! A fast memory: I took a date to MJA. In the first game we were there for, singles, Churruca was in the 5 post. I bet a 1-5 quinella. The 1 made 3 straight points, losing his next point to Churruca, who played out the game to win - an instant 1-5 quinella. My date then turned to me, wide-eyed, and asked, "How did you know?"

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording