Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Bereicua

That's a great assessment of him, alq! I saw him play a few seasons at Orlando, and I'm nearly positive he played there before this partido occurred, or close to it. The first season, he was not just bad, he was terrible. Couldn't catch anything, and as you said, couldn't rebote well at all.

The thing I always noticed about him was that he tried to fire away on every single shot, and in rebotes, that just is not how you score. It's all about placement to the inside wall, between opponents, if you can. And he always tries to do a front wall only remate, that often sails off the court, it is just way overthrown. He also has absolutely no cortada, but surprisingly, catches well on the right, even though he's all left side. His best thing? Cutting serves and throwing dejadas. When he came back to Orlando, many years later, he was MUCH better and a pretty good favorite. His cut the serve, throw dejada? He ALWAYS scored with it, and never threw it too low or too high. Just right.

He's a talented player, for sure, but never amounted to the player he should have been, in my opinion.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording