Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Re(1): If I was Magic City matchmaker

Good topic.

I think that Carballo is the main chance for dethroning Douglas, and a Carballo-CRB team would be a clear upgrade. The more so since both members are currently at the top of their game.

Class-wise, although Tennessee has been very steady and winning more, technically he is early/middle in class, where Ben is middle/late. So maybe a Bueno-Ben team would be competitive too.

Bradley would obviously be an important addition to that group, but much like Legend, you can't be sure of his condition after such a long absence. And they don't have a lot of time to evaluate him either before setting the teams.

I wonder what's up with Vuelo lately because his UE rate is thru the roof, and something is missing somewhere. It is clear when you view his performance history, but even more evident in watching his play. Wouldn't be surprised if it was nagging-injury related, but I hope he returns to his prior level.

I posted before that one consequence of have a standing pattern of the same pairings 3X per perf, and seemingly forever, is that the individual players on the outclassed teams are likely to be deflated by so much constant losing. Especially when they are the severe underdogs in half or more of their total games played. Imagine a schedule where they have 5-6-7 in their singles games and then the daily beat-down in their doubles.

One other consequence is that normally if a player has a dozen or so different doubles partners, you can evaluate the records and discover where he shines and where he struggles. At Magic City that can't happen, so other than occasional pairings via scratrches, we have very little else to go on.

But those problems come with the territory and can't be helped.

Overall, I like the uniqueness of this doubles format. Never before in the history of jai-alai have there been this many doubles games within the same group of teams.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording