Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Question of the Week Archive
Opinion Respected - Facts mentioned Are Faulty

Your comment that our timing of this announcement is "unacceptable" should be predicated by "in my opinion" which you are certainly entitled to.

Three weeks ago things were not out of control in South Florida at least according to known numbers. Three weeks ago none of our players had symptoms or were presumed positive. Now you are only off by about a week, but in this discussion a week makes a huge difference.

If you are talking about pre-symptomatic and a-symptomatic community spread then yes, obviously things were beginning to get out of control 3 to 4 weeks ago but no one can know that without hindsight which none of us have.

So after two postponements we set a more firm date of 7/25-26 based on the the day-to-day reality of South Florida COVID and community restrictions between May 1 and June 24th. Then when things changed we postponed on July 7th, after the evidence was in (not "cancelled" as you mention above) and it makes no sense to set a firm date now based on what is going-on now. I certainly don't want CT players having no where to eat-in when they are here, but these restrictions literally happened over the past 48 hours. I also don't want them to be be required to quarantine upon return to CT just because they were here. And we have a pretty-good handle on spread within our own facility and I don't want to risk our program's health because of possible transmission from external participants who may themselves be a-symptomatic or pre-symptomatic or just feel like sharing they are positive.

So at worst we believe-in this tournament and have thousands already invested including agreements with a network I'm not at liberty to name, billboards, digital media, etc.

Any suggestion that we have been irresponsible or that our decision making is "unacceptable" as though we approach anything willy-nilly is just factually incorrect. I imagine 4 weeks notice of cancellation of something of this nature is preferable and in this case there was just shy of 3 weeks.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020