Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Question of the Week Archive

It gets worse

Jeff,

No disrespect to Bobby D intended.

The amount of computing resources available today versus yesteryear is like a million to 1.

Processing power, memory, developing and debugging environments, etc.

I happen to eat any and all jai-alai theory for breakfast, so naturally was intrigued to see your mention of this topic as upcoming.

If it's any consolation, I found the simulation code used by Professor Skiena in his Calculated Bets book and project, and it contains a number of undeniable (but not that impactful overall) bugs.

And other published findings by brainchilds of that era regarding the Spec 7 'solution set' that were also flawed in one way or another.

Beyond that, when Bobby D says, "I also performed a series of hand calculations with the same results", that is definitely the hard way. I have a rotation board program (Tiger has an early copy) that allows me to put half a dozen copies of it on the screen and play around with any sequence to your heart's desire. It helps.

However, there have been actual cases where impossible bets were being offered.

- Dania's Rebet. Once you stop the game when someone reaches 3 points, and allow more bets, there are impossible combo's galore

- Dania's Progressive 9. I believe there were 3 impossible supers, along the lines of 5876.

- Miami's recent superfectas from 7 point games. Didn't actually spend the time to do an exact analysis, since the betting pools were zip, but fairly certain there's a bunch.

Finally, Bobby D wrote, "the overall integrity of the game itself".

Either last season, or the one before, Miami was using 6-post games where it was a crap shoot whether they would run the playoff to 4 points or 6 points. Once again, apparently with the minuscule betting action, no one cared.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020