Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Question of the Week Archive

Re(12): Best Catching Backccouter.

Of those I’ve seen over the past 40+ years, the best catching backcourters in my opinion were Daniel and Atain. Daniel’s performances in tournaments were so incredibly steady that they were always underrated and often overshadowed by his tremendous frontcourt partners, primarily the great Michelena. Atain was simply a great all around backcourter whose US career was cut short by a serious knee injury as I recall. If Atain was on his game, the point had to be won on a perfect shot or because of his partner’s error. His intensity made it seemed that he willed himself not to drop. His offense was great as well. Lopez’ all around game resembles Atain’s IMHO.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020