Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Question of the Week Archive

Re(1): Is betting on Jai -Alai even a smart bet anymore?

Everyone will disagree with me, but jai alai chased away many of the heavy bettors when 50 cent trifectas were introduced. 95% of the time, when Douglas or RonRon win a singles game, which runs way more than half the time, the tri returns puny. Even worse, the 50 cent minimum allows people to bet DOUBLE the combos for half the price. It's not even worth it to wager on tris at MCJA anymore, as a result, and with such easy handicapping, it's become mundane on the payoffs.

Sure, the Pik 3 is a great bet, but with all the Pik 3's not tied to Douglas and RonRon, forget wagering on it. If they win any game, you're lucky if you get back $70.00 on the dollar.

The Jai 5 is a good bet, but again, with 3 games now tied to Douglas and RonRon, the smart bettors are selecting numerous selections in game 3 and 4, and then running with Douglas, RonRon, Ikeda, and hitting it routinely. You wanna see some REAL Jai 5 action? Switch to game 1 through 5, and see it go unhit for a week or more and REALLY draw some money in. Now that I"ve mentioned this, I wouldn't be surprised if they switch it soon enough. Then keep the Pik 3's where they are.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020