Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Dania scratches  Question of the Week Archive

Enter our Dania Round Robin Rumble (see rules HERE)
All you need to do to enter is to give us your picks for Sunday
But, it's for Chalk Talk members only, so better get registered if you want to play

Future development

You’re right about filling spots with up and comers.

Just to be clear, Ricky‘s age did not come in to play as he only wanted to play a year or two more.
He knew he wasn’t going to play forever and that was part of our conversation.

But the part about positions or roster spots going to Young prospects has always been my theme.

Just to use an example, I really like what Jeter and the Marlins are doing here in South Florida. There are a lot of impatient Fans that are eaten the organization alive because they want to win now.

There was a lot of complaints when they traded away some of their top players a couple of years ago. But people fail to realize in those trades we received young prospects that when are ready to come to the major league level are going to make the team a contender. We went from being number 28 out of 30 teams in player development to the 3rd best minor-league system in major league baseball.

Prospects are the future. We went from having nobody to having about 1/4 of the top 100 prospects in baseball.

I wish I had that same opportunity.
Believe me when I tell you, there is a great feeder system in Spain, France and Mexico.
There are a lot of great young players that are Developing as we speak.

If visas weren’t such an issue I would get on a plane and bring a plane full of young prospects and train them for the future.

Unfortunately, the US government has put strict restrictions on immigrant workers. They don’t want foreigners coming to our country and playing. We are sending the same applications with the same paperwork as we did six years ago and it’s still not enough.
Hopefully someday we can get around the visa issues and I could rebuild the roster for years to come.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020