Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Miami scratches
Question of the Week Archive

OneStop Page
Re(3): Game 10 Tevin's last game

Six of the seven players that played their final game at Dania on Sunday were there, except Larrea. Five of those six players won a game (Spinner didn't but he's young and going to Magic City for more $$ and starts there Feb 6), so all of the other 5 players winning a game is quite an accomplishment with most only getting 4-chances to play. Two of those leaving even won as a team.

I only knew about Tevin retiring from what was announced at the USNJAC at Magic City about that. Wonder why it had to be so "secretive" for most of us and we weren't made aware of this until before game 9 to hear about all these "retirements." Yet, I'm sure there were people in the know that were well aware of this unpublished info well in advance. Why didn't announcers tell us before they started playing?

I told my bud on Saturday that I bet that Tevin would win game 10 singles on Saturday night and if not then, he would win it on Sunday matinee. I would imagine a player is likely to want to try to end their career on a high note. When it didn't happen on Saturday night, well, had to make sure to hit the All button on the trifecta with Tevin on top game 10 Sunday, a few times (the easy tickets for extra were a bust)......sure can't complain about that price, but everyone who texted or called me was collectively saying the same thing as what is getting posted here, that it sure didn't look good...Beitia was also retiring and he lost a game point in Game 10. If you were handicapping and not knowing about these retirements, Beitia and Tevin from the 4 and 6 post were the lowest win percent chances in that game from my data assessments for the fall meet and the game simulation. Added incentive due to being one's last career game obviously is some impact...

I know back in the early 1980's at Tampa Jai-Alai there was a gal who hung out at bars after performances with some of the players and she ALWAYS bet players on their birthdays and was telling me about her success with playing them to win on those days.....I didn't give it much thought as I was a numbers player, playing same trifectas every game, but the last Dania performance reminded me of that gal from Tampa playing birthdays. I really don't know why a players exact month day and year for a birthday needs to be in the program, except maybe for people to wager on players on their birthday??

Anyway, this is why I love the Magic City Jai-Alai short-court program so much, BECAUSE they are so transparent! Never before has a Jai-Alai program been so transparent and so much information given out by Scott, Stu, Lindsay and Andrew about what's going on. I'm already missing the fast short-court action and can't wait for Feb 6.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright � 2003-2020 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020