Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Miami scratches
Question of the Week Archive

OneStop Page
A COMPENDIUM OF MATCH VIDEOS FOR THE YOUNG "UP AND COMERS" IN THE BASQUE COUNTRY--MATCH VIDEOS FOR 23 PLAYERS

https://basquepelotaupdates.blogspot.com/2020/12/jai-alaicesta-punta-2020-up-and-comers.html

Will link directly below.

With the 2020 Basque Country Partido Season coming to an end, and the occasional discussion of where the Dania/Miami "new blood" may come from, I thought it might be interesting to put together a compendium of links (taken from 6 different blog posts) to mostly full match videos played by some of the leading Basque Country (Hegoalde and Iparralde--South and North Basque--also sometimes referred to as "Spain" and "France") "Up and Comers" from August to December 2020. Some of you are already familiar with a few of them. Hopefully this post will introduce you to more. I tried to keep the age range between 17 and 25. Note that I have arranged this by position (front/back) and chronological matches from earliest to latest within each player section.

Most of the videos are full match videos. They are of varying quality, but all are "watchable". Sources are Youtube (Xistera, Info Garazi Officiel, Canal + via Cesta Punta Pro Tour, LaLiga Sports via FEPelota); Facebook videos (Biarritz Athletic Club), and, of course, EITB. I have linked directly to the beginning of the matches except for EITB, where the exact time of the beginning of a match is available for matches that do not begin at the start of the video.

There is quite a bit of duplication, as you will quickly see. But I thought it best to organize this by player, rather than to try and keep track of pairs. For example, under "Del Rio", you can find various front court player matches, but under Del Rio's entry, there are all 8 of the matches he played in one entry.

Here are the players covered:

*=players of special interest, in my opinion

Fronts

EDUARDO AGUIRRE
JULEN BASTERRA
MAXIME BENETRIX
IBAN ETCHEBERRY*
THEO ETCHEGARAY
CLEMENT GARCIA
AARON GONZALEZ*
BIXENTE GONZALEZ*
URKO LEKERIKA
THOMAS URRUTIA

Backs

TOM BERTHON
ANNTON DE BETTELU
JULEN DEL RIO*
HUGO IBAR
JON IBARLUZEA
AIZE ITURRALDE
THEO LABORDE*
MIKEL MAN(C/Z)ISIDOR*
DANIEL MANDIOLA
JON MANDIOLA
DAMIEN OURTHE
GUILLEN OYENART*
ZUGAITZ SALABERRY
UNAI URRANGA

Navigation isn't what I'd like it to be because I still haven't figured out how to do internal links within a blog post in Blogger. However, there is a suggested way around this. It isn't pretty but it works.

I hope you find this entertaining, and perhaps educational, as you look at the future of the sport in the Basque Country, and perhaps some of the future of the sport in the States and Mexico.

Feedback always welcome.

Enjoy, stay safe, and Happy Holidays.

Basque Country Jai Alai/Cesta Punta--Up and Comers for 2020--Full match videos for 23 players

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright � 2003-2020 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020