Christmas Quiz (part 2)
IP: 86.174.16.148

Thanks to all of you who helped me with the 'same initials names' posers recently. I bumped into the author of these posers himself (Steve Willis) at this week's Albert Club quiz (he's a regular contestant each month). "I've just submitted a complete answer sheet and I'm looking forward to getting the 50 prize" said I. "You didn't by any chance fall into the 'Cheryl Cole' trap at Question 46?" said he.

Question 45 was 'TV home improvement expert (5,8)' to which the answer was 'Barry Bucknell. Question 46 was '....and musical one too (6,4)' which I and others thought to mean a TV musical expert. 'Cheryl Cole' was the best we could come up with. Apparently the answer was 'Harold Hill' who features in the lyrics of an Ian Drury song as a DIY expert. So the word 'musical' in the question meant 'a musical home improvement expert' and had nothing to do with being a TV pundit on music.

So, sorry, no winnings and no drinks for all who helped.

Oh, and Steve's team (Egyptian Tourist Board) just got pipped at the post in the Club quiz by the regular bunch from the Stockport Quiz League (The Reivers).

MIKE

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording