04 October
IP: 71.47.131.192

1966… NMCB-71 was recommissioned by VADM I.J. Gallatin, Chief of Naval Material, with CDR R.D. Coughlin, CEC, USN, receiving command of the new battalion.

1967… Seabee Team 0601 arrived at its site at Thu Duc, Gia Dinh Province reliebving Team 0308
…Seabee Team 1108 departed its site at Lai Thien, Binh Duong Province after being relieved by Team 4001.
…NMCB-9 deployed 12 men to 2/11 Marines seven miles south of Da Nang (L7014, SH6640 IV; AT 987 673-987 675) to upgrade and construct additions to a 250-man messhall and to build 175mm gun platforms for B Battery, 8th Battalion, 4th U.S. Army Artillery Regiment. The Detail rejoined the Battalion on 11 December 1967.
…NMCB-9 deployed 12 men to Hill 10 (L7014, SH6640 IV; AT922 695) to construct a 500-man messhall and shower facilities for 1/7 Marines. The Detail re-joined the Battalion on 09 December
…Song Nong and Song Phu Bridges were demolished bu enemy activity.
…A bridge was blown on Route 1 north of Phu Loc preventing the mine sweep team from reaching Phu Loc from the north. The main sweep team from the south hit a mine at Lang Co eliminating mine sweep capability for the short term. NMCB-74 Detail Tango received mortar fire at 1900. 5 Seabees WIA
…NMCB-71 celebrated the first anniversary of its recommissioning. A Battalion party was held on 01 October.
…Six men from MCB-74 were wounded during mortar attacks on the battalion’s Route 1 crew on 4 Octobe1968… CDR J.C. Rickels and 5 others from NMCB-7 visited the Battleship New Jersey. CDR Rickels and the Commanding Officer of the New Jersey exchanged unit plaques.

1968… CAPT C.G. Miller and CDR B.J. Hackenson conducted the annual CBPAC Management Inspection of NMCB-71 at Camp Miller, Chu Lai.
…NMCB-71 celebrated the 2nd Anniversary of its recommissioning.
…CDR J.C. Rickels and 5 others from NMCB-7 visited the Battleship New Jersey. CDR Rickels and the Commanding Officer of the New Jersey exchanged init plaques.
…Capt. Rizza, Chief of Staff, COMNAVFORV, visited CBMU-302
…The NMCB-4/NMCB-10 BEEP begins.

1969…At 0032 five rounds of 140mm rockets impacted in the Camp Barnes/Camp Spillman area of Dong Ha Combat Base with two rounds impacting in the NMCB-62 Alpha Company area. One NMCB-62 Seabee received a minor wound in the attack and no equipment damage was sustained.
…Seabees of MCB-4 completed the third training facility for NSA Da Nang of 4 October. This MILCON project included two, two-story wood frame structures totaling 12,800 square feet and were dedicated on 07 October

1970… Seabee Team 4004 returned small arms fire in response to small arms fire directed at the team compound, Xuan Loc, Long Khanh Province. Negative casualties and no damage to the compound
…Master Chief Olsen, Senior Enlisted Advisor, COMCBPAC visited NMCB-5 at Bien Hoa.

1971… Seabee Team 0518 closed out its site at Soc Trang, Ba Xuyen Province.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020