18 November
IP: 71.47.131.192

1967…RADM J.V. Bartlett, COM3NCB, visited NMCB-128’s project at Special Forces Camp, Forward Operating Base Four.
…NMCB-121 personnel were entertained by the variety show “Rivieras”.
…NMCB-40 Detail Alpha, consisting of 5 enlisted men, deployed to Northern I Corps in support of Project Dye Marker.
…Two road mines were discovered by NMCB-3 personnel working on Route 1 North. The container of one mine had been broken open by a road grader blade and powder spread on the road. The other mine was destroyed by a Marine EOD team.
…Two daytime artillery attacks on Dong Ha
… MCB-7 Seabees participated in inter-Battalion boxing matches and the China Beach Boxing Smoker. The three round fights were hard fought with a lot of hard punches being given out and absorbed. One of the Seabees that fought in the November 18, China Beach Interservice Championship Boxing Smoker was CS3 Stanley L. Grim. Grim, fighting in the Welterweight Division, eliminated his first opponent November 15, and came in runner-up on a decision in the finals

1968…NMCB-121’s 16 man detail to Quang Tri rejoined the Battalion at Camp Wlikinson, Gia Le.
…NMCB-71 officially closed Camp Miller, Chu Lai.
…RADM J.A. Bartlett, COM3NCB, and CAPT A.W. Walton, COM32NCR, visited Quang Tri to inspect NMCB-7’s Quang Tri POL Farm project.
…NMCB-22 completed the 1st Mar Div Storm Sewers complete

1969…RADM J.G. Dillon, CEC, USN, COM3NCB and CAPT J.E. Washburn, CEC, USN, COM32NCR, came aboard Camp Barnes to bid farewell to NMCB-62 and attend the Dong Ha Bridge Dedication Ceremony.
…NMCB-53 Delayed Party, consisting of 3 officers and 66 enlisted men, departed Camp Haskins North, Da Nang for CBC Davisville.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020