NAMES NOT USED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT...
IP: 72.222.137.3

That was an excellent story and enough of the youthful humor you
used to make it interesting...May I use your story on the Seabee site where I related the event as I posted above...Please let me know your decision...I will honor that. Chief

I'm not as 'youthful' as I was decades ago, but I did write for the local newspaper a few years back.

You may, indeed, quote what I wrote (thanks for asking), but out of deference to dear ol' Dad (deceased since 1991) please leave the XXXXXXXXX name off of the byline and out of the narrative. I presume none of what I wrote is classified, as I have since found more detailed information about the mission (such as their operational and sailing orders - with some redaction) on a 'site called usspueblo.org .

They were actually ordered to "close briefly to 200 yards..." from Soviet warships that were on maneuvers in international waters.
Dad, by the way, was former USN. He served on the USS Mississippi, a battlewagon converted for testing of highly classified EW (electronic warfare) systems. Future President James Earl Carter served on the same ship at the same time.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020