THAT TERRIBLE DAY......
IP: 72.222.137.3

ON THIS DAY
On Jan. 28, 1986, space shuttle Challenger exploded 73 seconds after liftoff from Cape Canaveral, killing all seven crew members.

It was another of those tragic events that one recalls afterwards and recalls, almost to describing your breath being halted...I was having my hair cut that terrible day...the TV there that everyone was watching..Tim
the barber seemed almost keeping the rhythm of his scissors in time with stuff on TV...halting at the actual launch.....intermittently back and
forth, gesturing over my head and ...
suddenly the much-repeated explosion.. gasps from the crowd of guys assembled there...then that terrible news hogged the hours and days on the news. John O'Brien, you met and visited with my entertainer friend, Jeannie Cunningham.. Jeannie's companion in real life was a crew member in the space craft, J. Resnik...Our son John was then a room-mate of Jeannie over at her studio in Hollywood... A terrible day for all the country! Later Jeannie would compose and direct the music at the memorial held in Houston.... Investigations into the cause finally claimed it was the too-cold weather and the O-Rings did not seat into positions properly...jae.cie.com is Jeannie's web site...take a look. Jeannie composed special music and appeared at our son John's funeral services in 1996.JW

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020