AFTER-ACTION REPORT REMARKS,,,
IP: 72.222.137.3

HM3 Burden with NMCB-5 pulls a fellow Seabee from a mine field for which he received a Bronze Star a friendly fire incident which occurred just outside the wire of Camp Hoover, DaNang, RVN. SW-1 Charles D. Jones and SWC Monk were looking over an area that the 1st. Mar Div wanted fenced off with razor wire to secure an LZ. They walked into one of our mine fields. Chief Monk received career ending injuries, and SW-1 Jones died from his injuries on 02-19-69. HM-3 Bobby Burden, drove a jeep into the mine field to get them out and was awarded a Bronze Star for his actions
I posted my same recollections last year about this tragic accident...I simply do not agree with the obvious
reporting concerning Petty Officer Jones...I don't even recall the Chief Petty Officer Monk mentioned...I recall Petty Officer Burden's bravery for which he was greatly admired and rewarded with one of his nations most coveted awards...JW

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020