LOSS OF A PERSONAL FRIEND.
IP: 72.222.137.3

NMCB-3ís Detail Borealis at Ca Mau received eight rockets and heavy small arms fire. BU2 F.D. Lupo, USN, was killed in action and four other Seabees were wounded. Two of the wounded required Medevac.

Early 1970 following being transferred
from MCB#5 and returning to DISASTER RECOVERY TRAINING P/HUE I enrolled in the GI training program called PROJECT TRANSITION at the new SEARS OXNARD store. I would call in daily each morning to muster and Petty Officer Lupo would take my reporting..The Transition training was supplemented working at the Sears Auto Center in the evenings and on week end for wages..Frank Lupo requested I get him a job at the auto center that I was successful in doing..Frank did well busting tires, changing batteries, and other automotive skills though he was a Builder..I ordered special glass entrance doors for my Oxnard home and hired Frank to install them for me...I chance to guess those doors are still on that home though I have been gone from Oxnard more than 30 years...I remember when Frank departed for Vietnam...some "take care of yourself Buddy" good-byes are so final...Terry, you have the pencil markings from The Wall for Frank and also former student of mine, Marvin Shields
GOD REST YOU, YOU FINE SEABEES
YOU LAID YOUR GOOD LIVES DOWN;
YOU TOOK THE GREENS AND SAFETY TOES
INSTEAD OF CAP AND GOWN
GOD TOOK YOU BOTH INTO HIS CARE
WITH PRIDE AND FAIR RENOUN.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020