HOW LITTLE I CARED....
IP: 72.222.137.3

Okay, call it a guilty admission if you like, but I was already a civilian and in business for myself...scuffling for a buck in the smelliest sense of the term...cleaning drains night and day to make ends meet...gone from a chicken and pig life I had experienced as an Iowa farm-boy at 17 years old in 1951 to a 20 year navy Seabee veteran was such a contrast that it needed getting adjusted to and with.
This date of Infamy pretty much got the same off-handed attention as when President Nixon declared his intentions of resigning the presidency of our
beloved country...I heard that announcement at the Oxnard Tennis Club attempting to remove a tennis ball from a toilet because the 'fellow' didn't want to reach into the toilet water and retrieve his dropped tennis ball out of the 'dirty-water'!!!! JW

ON THIS DAY
On March 29, 1973, the last United States troops left South Vietnam, ending America's direct military involvement in the Vietnam War.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020