24 July
IP: 184.2.80.189

1967…Seabee Team 7101 departed Camp Shields for CBC Davisville to begin Seabee Team training.
…NMCB-11 deployed a detachment of 8 men to Khe Sanh (Two) to install a SATS runway lighting system for III MAF. The Detail was at Khe Sanh ffom 24 July to 04 August and from 09 to 12 August 1967.
…LST’s with cargo assigned to NMCB-6, which had been shipped from CBC Port Hueneme, arrived at Chu Lai.
…LCDR J.E. McNeill, CEC, USN, relieved LCDR T.F. Stallman as XO NMCB-4.

1968…NMCB-71 Detail Alpha 3, consisting of 13 men, deployed to Camp Evans via Marine aircraft.
…NMCB-62 Detail Tango deployed to Happy Valley, near Da Nang, to continue the clearing of a security perimeter in conjunction with the 7th USMC Engineers.
…A rocket/mortar attack occurred in the Red Beach area. NMCB-62 personnel remained in their mortar holes from 1915 to 2050. No rounds impacted in Camp Haskins South. Another attack at 2305 again forced the men to their mortar holes until 2400. Again no rounds fell within the camp.
…NMCB-58 was in Condition I Alert for approximately two hours due to an enemy rocket attack on Camp Brooks.
…CAPT J.R. Fisher and CDR C.J. Mathews visited the Hoi An Provincial Hospital.
…RADM J.V. Bartlett, COM3NCB, visited NMCB-3 at Camp Faulkner for an arrival conference.
…NMCB-3 set Condition I at 2219 due to a mortar attack in the Da Nang area. Stepped down to Condition II at 2224. Secured at 0650, 25 July. No enemy rounds fell in the Camp Faulkner area.
…Condition One was set for one hour. Five rounds impacted on the combat base, none in the NMCB-11 camp area.

1969…At approximately 0530, FSB Davis Hill sustained a ground attack. Two NMCB-133 personnel working at the base were wounded.
…MGEN L.B. Ramsey, CG, Americal Division; RADM J.G. Dillon, CEC, USN, COM3NCB; BGEN Nguyen Van Toan, CG, 2nd ARVN Division; CAPT J.E. Powell, CEC, USN, COM30NCR; and COL Ton That Khie, Quang Ngai Province, attended the opening and dedication of the Song Tra Bong Bridge. BGEN Toan presented the Vietnamese Gallentry Cross to CDR C.J. Mathews, CEC, USN, Commanding Officer NMCB-58, LT J.W. Henrick, CEC, USN, and BUCS S.L. Shannon, USN, and the Vietnamese Technical Medal to EOC I.L. Christner, USN, EA2 M.E. Herron, USN, EO2 R.C. McLane, USN, EO2 R.I. Verkler, USN, and BU3 H.A. Lynch, USN.
…NMCB-58 Detail Foxtrot, consisting of 4 men, rejoined the Battalion upon completion of the Song Tra Bong Bridge repair.
…NMCB-40 last Main Body flight arrived at CBC Davisville.
…Arrival at Camp Cambell of NMCB-1’s last flight
…CBMU-302 Mobile Team 30216 was deployed to NSAD Ben Luc to initiate a self-help pilot program for the construction of Vietnamese Naval Personnel Dependant Shelters

1970…NMCB-5 relocates from Camp Haskins North to Camp Logan
…NMCB-62 Detail Olympia, consisting of three personnel, deployed to LZ Stinson, southern Military Region I to drill and develop one deep water well for the Americal Division.
…A three-man NMCB-5 work force in the Rung Sat Special Zone completed a rehab of the U.S. Advisors Quarters at Can Gio.
…CBMU-302 Mobile Team 30238 completed the construction of several structures at the NAVFORV compound

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020