22 July
IP: 71.47.136.74

1967…NMCB-133 July Seabee of the Month was selected. BUL3 R.A. Brady, Jr.

1968…NMCB-58 took over a project for the 138th Aviation Battalion from NMCB-4. The project consisted of building six 65-man bunkers at the Da Nang Air Base (L701, 6659 III; 003756). The project was turned over to NMCB-22 on 13 August 1968 with the project 84% complete.
…NMCB-58’s LCDR W.G. Landes departed on a two-day visit to the job site at Dong Tam.
…The five man NMCB-4 detail which had been rewiring six Special Forces camps south of Da Nang, returned to Camp Haines by both air and convoy.
…NMCB-7’s perimeter security force manning Bunker 22 reported 50 caliber fire coming from the bunker’s 1 o’clock position from approximately 2500-3000 meters. No casualties.

1969…Seabee Team 0513 returned fire after receiving three B-40 rocket rounds and light small arms fire directed at the team compound near Ben Tre, Kien Hoa Province. No casualties or damage.
…NMCB-8 conducted a mid-deployment briefing for CAPT J.E. Powell, COM30NCR and his staff.

1970…Brig. Gen. R. Tarbox, Deputy Commanding General, U.S. Army Engineer Command, Vietnam, visited the NMCB-10 Quang Tri Bridge site.

1971…A 5-ton cargo truck in NMCB-5’d Detail Bronco’s sweep team detonated a mine containing approximately 50 pounds of explosives on Route 341. Two personnel, SW3 Frederick C. Reynolds and HM1 Gary W. Smith were injured in the incident. On the same day, the sweep team located a mine containing 50 pounds of explosives. The mine was detonated in place with no personnel injuries

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020