NATIONAL VIETNAM VETERANS DAY
IP: 70.176.179.40

Good Morning All...This morning on FOX AND FRIENDS (29 March 2019) I learned for
the first time that the date had been designated NATIONAL VIETNAM VETERANS DAY... There
was a guest appearance of a decorated (Purple Heart) US Army veteran, Sgt. David Hack
who left Vietnam in 1968. He encouraged, as I often do, to have the Veterans from all
wars relate to the American citizens stories about the war...To emblazon for the citizens
first hand, the awfulness of war....not at all the glamorous stuff of hero worshiping that
Hollywood generates for entertainment... to be present seeing the torn and mutilated bodies
or watch some mortally wounded fellow warrior attempt to stuff his torn intestines back into
the horrible cavity of midsection... Sure, relate the USO shows or the Donut Dollies to
break the story into fair and believable chapters...sometimes it is those brief interludes that
keep a warrior from self-destruction either then on later...Forgetting does not and will not
come easy or simple...you, yourself may be pegged by the VA as being inclined to one of those acronyms, PSD or something..Old WWI veterans who were parents of kids I attended with in my school days in Iowa, then simple called "shell-shock". Yes, Sgt. Hack this morning seemed very controlled and refined, but those remarks about getting these stories told struck a peg for me....Chief

National Vietnam War Veterans Day - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Vietnam_War_Veterans_Day
National Vietnam War Veterans Day is a US holiday observed annually on March 29. It recognizes veterans who served in the US military during the Vietnam War.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020