Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Question of the Week Archive
Magic City scratches    Calder scratches
Re(5): The lottery??

For Florida, I think we’ll never know how much of the drop off that started in 1988 was caused by the lottery that started in January 1988 versus the strike that started in April 1988.

But in general, what I saw (and heard from fans) was that when they pulled up to the fronton and saw the picket lines - they felt uncomfortable. Some turned around and didn’t go in. But most did go in, despite the picket lines. Then they saw subpar play. And when they left, they saw and heard from the strikers again. And again felt uncomfortable. For many of those people, the conversation after was “well we're not coming back here again”….for multiple reasons. And that happened night after night after night. They did other things instead of going to jai-alai, and they never came back.

So to me, most of the drop off was from the strike.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2021 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020