Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

More on tie breakers

Hi Craig. Very interesting post. I haven't quantified anything, but have always had a qualitative feeling that you are right about the tie breaker. As far as the other Pelota sports, the only ones I know of that are played regularly in sets are Pala/Paleta (bat or paddle) and frontenis (tennis with a hard rubber ball and no net in a fronton). But they are 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5 sets (each set to 10 or 15).

Jai Alai is the only one I know that has the tie breaker. I would prefer to see a 35 point partido, as has been the tradition. Then, I think, we would always see who the best team is. That is the way it is done in Mano (handball--22) and Main Nue (handball--40 or 50). Also the way of Remonte (40 doubles, 30 singles).

I don't know why Jai Alai has gone in this direction in the Basque Country. I remember that until about 2015 they played partidos to 35. The set business began in the St. Jean de Luz tournaments, I think. Perhaps Sixto might have some ideas on this.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2018 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording