Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)
Re(1): Stu...

It is possible but we decided not to do it last year. For years attendance and handle were listed and published in the newspaper with entries & results. I'm not sure if this was at one time state mandated or not but I imagine it was. The attendance figure is "almost" arbitrary because we do not have turnstiles and don't charge for admission or seating. A dozen or so people will come-in to check out a performance from the slot area without staying - so a truly accurate figure of people who "attended" a live performance wouldn't be possible. In our first few days I'd say we're averaging 30 to 75 people per performance which appears up from last year. We also decided not to post the handle in the results last year - ironically one of the first things I was told when I accepted the management position was to be concerned with the product but not the handle. I don't talk with mutuels unless there is a problem and I don't inquire about handle. I understand and appreciate that inquiring-minds-want-to-know but I'm going to stick to last years policy of letting official handle appear in the State filings.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording