Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Question of the Week Archive

Re(1): New story by Bobby D coming

Hey Jeff,

I want to pass on respect to Bobby D for a well-written and well-intentioned first article.

Sorry that my research had to spoil his first effort.

One thing that I didn't point out is that using pencil and paper back than had to be pure torture. That's because the games in question just happen to be the ones that go around 3 times, to almost 20 points.

When I saw that there were 70 different paths to 465, I decided to do a quick eyeball of them. Maybe Bobby will appreciate that there is also a cleaner solution that produces a 6-5 two post playoff.

Basically, the 4 goes to game point and parks, then the 5 does nothing, while the 6 gets up to 6 points. When it comes around again, the 5 runs to 6 points where he loses to 4.

It just barely fits together like a clever puzzle.

Anyway, respect to him for being up to speed on the research back then (587 reference) and using the tools that were available. Too bad the computers were not up to speed as well.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020