WELCOME TO THE FUSILIERS ASSOCIATION MESSAGE BOARD. IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST VISIT THERE IS NO NEED TO REGISTER TO PLACE A MESSAGE ON THE BOARD. HOWEVER, IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL IF YOU WOULD PLEASE GO TO :DATABASE FORMAND COMPLETE THE FORM.. Abusive, Anonymous, and Messages that do not meet the Mission Statement will be deleted and you will be banned from the site.
Note: Please take care when entering your email address. i.e. No Spaces! Please enter your email address as someone might wish to contact you direct and they can do this by clicking on your name at the top of your message and your e mail address will come up for them. Leave the LINK NAME, LINK URL, and the IMAGE URL Boxes blank. Enter a password of your choosing this will let you edit post after they have been posted.
Once your message is ready to be posted Click PREVIEW POST to check what your message will look like once on site. If you are happy with with your message then Click POST. Your message will now go on the site. If you have a photo you need to add to your message you will need to send it to the email@example.com
. CHARITABLE ADVERTISING on Web Site
There are many worthwhile charitable causes in existence, but we can only accept sponsorship or fundraising efforts on Fusilier Association websites, that specifically support approved Fusilier charities.
This essentially means that it is acceptable to use these pages to seek sponsorship for The Fusiliers Aid Society (which includes Fallen Fusiliers), and The Fusilier Memorial fund only.
We now have our own dedicated justgiving site (http://www.justgiving.com/fusiliersaidsociety), which you can use to help raise money for your cause. If you let RHQ (Asst Regt Sec) know the specific cause you are raising money for, it will be directed to the correct fund.
Messages soliciting sponsorship for causes or charities other than the Fusilier ones mentioned above should not be placed on the message board and may be removed by the Webmaster.
Messages posted in the last 24 hrs. are in White.
PRESENTATION OF NEW COLOURS TO THE FIRST BATTALION THE ROYAL REGIMENT OF FUSILIERS – 23 APRIL 2016 IP: 188.8.131.52 Posted on 17/3/2016 at 17:20:51 by Dennis Laverick for RHQ
17th March 2016
For those Regimental members and other invited guests who have stated that they will attend, or would like to attend, the Presentation of New Colours to the First Battalion, The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers on Saturday 23 April 2016 in Tidworth, please find below the co-ordination letter for the event.
Please read the letter carefully because in order to receive your tickets, meal tickets and car pass and to aid the First Battalion in numbers planning you will need to action the instructions in paragraph 13. Thank you.
PRESENTATION OF NEW COLOURS TO THE FIRST BATTALION THE ROYAL REGIMENT OF FUSILIERS – 23 APRIL 2016
1. The First Battalion, The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers will be presented with new Colours at the Tidworth Polo Pitches on Saturday 23 April 2016. This is an historic occasion for the whole Regimental family that takes place only once in every generation. It will also be the last occasion on which the Second Battalion’s Colours are paraded before they are laid up later this year. Having indicated your availability to attend as our guests, this letter is intended to provide you with some essential detail and co-ordinating instructions.
2. The First Battalion will be on parade en masse, and invitations have been extended to the wider Regimental family, including the Reserve, the Associations, and cadets. We hope that all our families, friends and supporters will be able to join us.
Format of the Event
3. Outline. The day will consist of a late morning parade, followed by a reception for all guests. The parade will include an inspection, the marching-off of the Old Colours of The First Battalion and of the Second Battalion, a service to consecrate the New Colours of the First Battalion and a march past.
4. Parading Personnel. The First Battalions will provide four guards and three Colour parties, namely; First Battalion old Colours, First Battalion new Colours and Second Battalion old Colours.
5. Reception. Following the parade you are invited to join us for a reception, either in the Royal Reception tent or in one of the Company tents. You will be sent a ticket for your tent once you confirm that you are attending.
6. Associations. All Association members are warmly invited to the event. Each Association area has been allocated a company host for the day. Once the parade and reception is over, you are invited to attend the Tidworth Royal British Legion with a number of serving 1RRF personnel.
7. Timings. The key timings for the day are as follows:
Saturday 23 April 2016:
Regimental guests arrive 0930 - 1030 hrs
Regimental guests seated by 1040hrs
Parade steps off 1045hrs
Arrival of the inspecting officer 1100hrs
Parade complete approximately 1215hrs
1RRF Corps of Drums Display 1500hrs
8. Transport and Parking. Parking is available at the ground, if you do require a space a car pass will be sent to you with your ticket for attendance. Please respond with your requirements, including if you require disabled access. The polo pitches are easily accessible and the route will be signed from the main Tidworth Road (A338 and A342). The address for your reference is:
Tidworth Polo Pitches
9. Dress. Those serving military officers attending as our guests are invited to wear No2 Dress (leather, medals, no swords). Those guests holding civic appointments are invited to wear insignia of office as they feel appropriate. Civilian attire is lounge suits or ladies equivalent.
10. Weather. Guests are advised to be prepared for inclement weather during the parade. Please bring appropriate clothing, blankets and umbrellas for the spring weather.
11. Dining. Whilst there will be number of catering events occurring around the ground, you are invited to be our guest at one of the reception venues where you will join serving and retired Regimental Fusilier officers and soldiers. A ticket will be sent in due course for your specific reception tent. Please note that there will be a complementary lunch for all and a cash bar.
12. Hosting. Some serving members of the Regiment may be required to host senior Military Officers and Civil dignitaries. More information will be sent by RHQ and Adjt 1RRF.
13. Booking. I would ask you to respond directly to 1RRF-BnHQ-ComdGp-Adjt@mod.uk to confirm whether you are able to attend. Please confirm your partner’s details, your postal address, whether you require a car parking space and if you have any special dietary requirements. Clearly if you have any other questions at any stage please do not hesitate to ask contact the Adjutant, First Battalion, The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers at the above email address.