If you haven't registered for the board yet, send me an email at rgunther@twcny.rr.com with the user name and password you want to use and we'll get things set up for you....but if for some reason I don't recognize your email or name, I'll be emailing you back for more info before putting your username in place.

Bookmarks

3 Weeks In - Still Quality Over Quantity?
IP: 50.108.231.242

I've never paid much attention in past years to posts about car counts. That's because the speedway always drew between 22-25 cars, and that was enough to make for interesting racing. Through 3 weeks this season, the speedway is averaging about 18 supers, and I have to admit I miss having 6 extra cars come feature time. In my opinion, the first three races have been very average. I believe it's because of (at least in part) the absence of lap traffic for the leaders to deal with. The most memorable races in recent years have unfolded when leaders fought traffic and were run down. That seems missing this year. Thus far in 2016, somebody jumps out front and has very little to deal with, which is where not having a full field comes into play. Barnes destroyed the field from the pole on opening night. In week 2, aside from a brief late race challenge, Graham annihilated the competition. And Danzer only had a few short-lived challenges from Abold en route to his week 3 victory. Whatever exciting moments that have transpired this season occurred while leaders got hung up in traffic. I wish there were more of it to contend with. So what does everyone else think? Is it still quality over quantity?

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

free website hit counter code

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020