If you haven't registered for the board yet, send me an email at rgunther@twcny.rr.com with the user name and password you want to use and we'll get things set up for you....but if for some reason I don't recognize your email or name, I'll be emailing you back for more info before putting your username in place.

Bookmarks

Re(6): 3 Weeks In - Still Quality Over Quantity?
IP: 24.39.242.86

Just my opinion, some agree and some don't. The purse isn't going to increase enough anytime soon to make a difference in car counts. If we want non wing Oswego supers to survive, I believe there needs to be major changes. You need to get rid of all the aero, the adjustable shocks, expensive brakes etc. and make it more affordable for these guys to race. If you want one of these new generation cars you need to be ready to fork over close to $100,000. People just don't have that kind of money to keep doing this. I think if you couple those changes with a more cost effective tire (start a tire war with Hoosier and American Racer) that lasts longer then you start getting closer to solving the problem, which is people can't afford this game the way it is right now.
Yes supers are all about innovation and people have made significant investments in their current cars. So work together and scale the changes over a couple years. I also believe if you get rid of all the aero you will have better racing too. Change it back to mechanical grip and put it in the drivers' hands.
Is continued innovation and $100k cars more important or the survival of the class? I know what my vote would be for. Just my opinion.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

free website hit counter code

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020