Welcome to the 54Net FORUM

The FORUM is provided for Classmates and their families to present information of interest to the Class.

Lorca

I just finished a book I bought in Spain years ago which runs about 1800 pages and contains all the writings of Federico Garcia Lorca who was assassinated in 1936 at age 38 just as the Spanish civil war began. I first heard of him when a well known actor recited his "The goring and the death" which begins, "At five in the afternoon, it was exactly five in the afternoon", which is when bullfighting traditionally begins in Spain. He wrote about everything and in prose and poetry plus works for the theater which he also directed. He also attended Columbia University for a year. I was working my Spanish dictionary overtime and sadly my memory is fading and I find myself looking up the same word more than once. I'm not sure if his works are available in English but if so it would be a great read!

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020