Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Question of the Week Archive
Magic City scratches    Calder scratches
Re(2): What are N Miami lengths?

Our walls will be 20 feet high, shorter than N Miami's I believe, which are a little too high in my opinion. I think it will be longer than N Miami's. But the main court around the corner needed those heights when it was being used. The perfect height would be 25.7 feet high if you use a formula used on the full court dimensions for a court that size. So our court will be a little short on that end - but whos complaining? The fencing and netting will be extensive - practically covering the entire court from flying projectiles! That cost alone were nearly 40% of the overall project.

It's still amazing we are getting this all done - and for a second time! St. Pete use to get knocked for being the city knocking on heavens door and its green benches but now has a downtown as vibrant as any in the USA and is very proactive in sports and recreation. It also has one of the best baseball teams in the world operating with peanuts in payroll, year after year.

Does anybody have the dimensions on the N Miami court? Length, height, width, and out of bounds area? I'd like to do a story later this year comparing the 3 - Puryear Park, N Miami and Matt's and interview people and their comments. Perhaps add Cancun's court too now. I'd also include the amateur courts now long gone like Orbea's, Milford's, the main cancha at N Miami and Jai-alai Heaven. I think Matt's court will end up on top of the rankings but I never went to Orbea's or Milford's and would need feedback on them.

Another factor is the ball that is being used. The ball must be conducive to the court for the perfect balance of play. Again, I think the Matt ball is the best ball I've seen, but others like the N Miami ball for it's sound which does sound much closer to real jai-alai than Matt's ball.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2021 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020