Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Question of the Week Archive
Magic City scratches    Calder scratches
MORE ON SUMMER PARTIDOS--5 FULL MATCH VIDEOS AVAILABLE AT PRESENT

https://www.facebook.com/Gant-dOr-Biarritz-100184445641426/videos/?ref=page_internal

Will link directly below

Gant d'Or Summer League Series

This is a play in Tournament that will determine the final Front-Back pair of the Upcoming Gant d'Or (Golden Glove) Summer Partido Tournaments in Biarritz.

The matches are being live streamed and then remain on the site for on demand vieing. They are played every Monday and Wednesday from June 14-July 6. For those interested in live feeds, I am pretty sure they start at 9:00 pm local (French) time. Consult a time converter to find out what time that is for you.

Caveats:

1. These are Facebook videos. I do not know they are available to non-Facebook users. Try and see for yourself.

2. These are not commercial quality videos. They are, I think, quite watchable. The players are identified in the titles to the videos. If you do not want to know the outcomes, DO NOT consult the contextual link given below, before watching any of them. There are spoilers in that link, but also the upcoming scheduled matches.

3. They are in French and there is no easy access to a scoreboard. You must listen to the commentary to keep up with the score or follow it yourself.

Vert=Green; Rouge=Red, Bleu=Blue

un-1, deux=2, trois (twa)=3, quatre (cot)= 4, cinq (sank)=5, six (sees)=6; sept (set)=7; huit (wheat)=8, neuf (like roof)=9, dix (dees)=10, onze=11, deuze (dooz)=12, treize (trays)=13, quatorze=14, quinze (canz)=15

So far there have been five matches. There is another on later today. Remember, the key to Gant d'Or is EVERY MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY. Later will come the St. Jean de Luz Tournaments. They will be EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY. And then the Pau tournaments will kick in. They will be played on FRIDAYS. I think (but am not sure--still looking into it) that Canal + will be covering every match of these Tournaments (that will be at least 30 matches, as Gant D'or is set up exactly like St. Jean de Luz this year, i.e. 4 Master Tournaments and a SLAM--each tournament has 2 semi's and a final, one match on each Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). I don't know yet how the Pau tournaments will be set up.

For Context: scores, player information, standings (for the entire roster scheduled to compete)

http://www.cestapunta-protour.fr/

CUT AND PASTE

and click on "Competitions" at the top of the page. Then mouse over and click. Jouers=player info, Classment=standings.

Note: There is also a Grand Chistera Match (outdoor one wall Jai Alai on an 80 meter court--no helmets, 3 players per side) on July 3.

Ipparalde (North Basque--France) v Hegoalde (South Basque--Spain)

Laduche-Zamora-Irastorza (Getaria--Lapurdi) v Cosme-Goikoetxea-Lopez (Zumaia). I have no information at this time as to whether there will be video. If I find some, I will pass it along.

Also the first of the Hegoalde Tournaments (Markina-Xemein) will take place on July 3, 16, and 18. Goikoetxea, Lopez, Diego, Leke, Aritz, and Ibon will be in it. Usually EITB covers the final. If there is more video coverage, I will let you know.

Later today or tomorrow I will be putting together a "primer" blog post which will contain all the information and video links for all the Tournaments. You can use that as a bookmark if you wish. I will probably post video links on that post as I find them and let you know when they are up. There will be no spoilers, just matchups. You will be able to get all the context you need from the links.

Enjoy the Summer Partidos. It looks like there will be wall to wall Jai Alai almost every day of the week in the Basque Country this summer.

FIVE FULL MATCH VIDEOS FROM GANT D'OR PLAY IN TOURNAMENT

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2021 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020