Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Question of the Week Archive
Magic City scratches    Calder scratches
(no subject)

Hello Everyone-

I began watching jai alai when all of the other sports were stopped during the pandemic, and I immediately became hooked. I have even purchased a used cesta and got a few practice balls from Connecticut amateur jai alai. I have a few questions, and I was hoping you all could help me out.

1. On the jai alai channel broadcasts of the Magic City and Dania performances, the tote board is often confusing to me. Is there a guide to deciphering them somewhere? I am familar with the basic idea from going to the horse track, but sometimes in jai alai it seems like the numbers are missing or just strange (i.e. higher payouts for a quinella than an exacta)

2. What is the best way to tie the cinta? I have searched for videos, but I can't find any.

3. What advice do you have for learning the techniques of the sport in a area where it is non-existant (Texas)? I have no illusions of becoming a master, but it would be nice to be able to throw a forehand and a backhand at least.

Thanks everyone - I have already learned a great deal from reading the posts on this board

-Jai Alai Newbie

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2021 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020