Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Question of the Week Archive
Dania scratches    Magic City scratches
Re(1): Slam Semi Finals-St. Jean De Luz and Pau

Agreed, Alq. They appear to have "run out of gas." Asking guys to play 4 straight days or twice in one day is a recipe for disaster. I don't know how they could coordinate this better. The Iparralde Tournaments alone are becoming exhausting. When you mix that with the Hegoalde, and there seems to be no coordination in scheduling between the two sponsors, it gets even worse. Quality is one thing, but they are inviting injuries, particularly to the more senior players. They need to think this through. There are 14 major tournaments, with one more coming in mid September. That's 34 major matches by my count in about 60 days, with 10 more left to play after these SLAMS. But again, I think the back to backers and multiple matches in a day are the real problem. In the other modalities, it's usually 1 or at most 2 matches per week. While the hand modalities are intrinsically difficult on the hands, I think Cesta Punta is the most difficult, physically, of all of them. Pelota speed, throwing, the number of balls in play (arguably more in one match than in a week of Quiniela Jai Alai)--though I may be exaggerating that (help anyone?), very hard on the body, it looks like to me.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2021 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020