Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Question of the Week Archive
Dania scratches    Magic City scratches
Re(3): More fun to play than Jai-Alai???

This message is to anyone, who
is suffering from delusional episodes...
Yes, you know whom this is directed at. Now let's move forward.

I bestow upon Douglas, and his younger brother Benny, Great accolades, for their achievements during the Magic City tournament.
They both, performed Spectacular, and Excelled, on their
(HOME COURT). They have at least 1 year, and in Douglas's case 3 years, or more, of playing on the unique MC glass court. Add in all
their H2H, head to head performances, and how many days a week of practice, the hours, and minutes are staggering.

IF! Douglas and Benny, didn't Win... I would have been in shock.
All the Outside competitors, not of Magic City's roster, were only
given 20-30 minutes (in total time) to get acclimated to the unique MC court. Stack that limited time against, their players, the rubber ball change, and again, the Glass wall small court... Come On, Man! "Joe Biden". LoL.. No outside player, really stood a fair chance.

When we are discussing MC, it's a total different game
altogether. I've mention this in a previous post.

I'm not taking anything away from Magic City,
I believe what they've created is something unique and special.
And their personnel are to be commended and celebrated for their hard work, and what they're trying to do is to keep a (New Style) of Pelota alive.

Remember in Spain, and in France there are many forms of pelota games,ie: Remote, Pala, Mano, Frontis, Trinket, Cesta Punta, and
there's more. In my opinion... (Yes, everyone is entitled to one)
Even the Delusional... Magic City has gone back to the drawing board
And has bestowed upon us, a "New form of a Pelota game". It should not be categorized as Cesta Punta aka Jai-Alai. For as Great of a run, our Jai-Alai had, here in Good old America... the name comes with a lot of, shall I say, "Baggage"... And a lot of it's isn't pretty. Especially if you're trying to promoted it to a New audience/fanbase. Oh someone has to do is Google the word Jai-Alai.
Racketeering, game fixing, even murder comes up in a simple search.

Instead, Magic City should be proud of their creation,
And come up with an unique name, for their specialty sport.
Start out with a Brand New Sport...
I personally like calling, and describing it as... wait for it...
SMASH BALL!!! It's short, and to the point of what's going on, out on the court. High speed action, redesigned uniform (more flashy), get away from tradition. Allow the players to interact more and of course display feelings and emotions. Not the humble short interviews of how I wish to win or at least compete...good. snooze alert, boring. Do something with the lights, at the beginning, and during the performance. Get the crowd involved,
Clapping their hands, stopping their feet to cheer on their players.
I'd even go as far as, creating a mascot for your New Ball Game... Off the top of my head. I think "Sonic" the super fast hedgehog would be awesome!

To finish, I'd say, Please.. don't try to compare what "Real" Cesta Punta is, and it's hundreds of years of tradition has brought us, to what Magic city has created. It's not even close.
Stay safe out there, we are no longer living in the America we once all grew up in and Loved.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2021 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020