Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Question of the Week Archive
Dania scratches    Magic City scratches

Re(10): jai alai in ct

Same sentiments here bigwink. I started frequenting jai alai 50 yers ago at the Miami fronton. One Tuesday afternoon in 1973 or 74 I had a day off and went to a matinee at Dania. I found the play there to be a notch below that of Miami but the fronton was less crowded, had shorter mutuel lines, and was in a safer area. I really liked Dania but living in south Dade county made the drive impractical. I left Miami in 76
but, until last year, I never lived more than an hour or two from a fronton. I have been fortunate enough to have attended a live performance at every modern era fronton in Florida. Although some had stronger programs than others each one was competitive within itself. I really miss the anticipation of going to jai alai, hearing the click of the ball hitting the front court as I walked through the parking lot, and the excitement of the game. I do not want to argue the case between Magic City and Dania but I will say that the news that "hard ball" jai alai will be over (probably forever) in this country saddens me. I too am going to see it one more time.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2021 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020