Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Question of the Week Archive
Dania scratches    Magic City scratches
Re(4): What are your favorite jai alai memories? (unique or offbeat is fine)

Almost getting stabbed by a redneck in the Tampa parking lot once. He showed me the giant hunting knife and said "I sliced up little boys like you in the war for fun." I somehow survived, no idea how this guy was serious business.

Bumping into Goiko and Zinkunegi at the Pink Pussycat after a tournament night at Miami, partying together until the sun was up. Craziness.

Hoey during a Citrus night having a really rough evening and letting the crowd chanting his name drive him to taking off his cesta and throwing it at the fence. One of the funnier things I've ever seen.

Iriondo beating Iruta to win the last game on just a regular night, and jumping up and down all the way back to the cage in excitement like he just won the Super Bowl. He also gifted me and my girl a cesta once out of nowhere in the middle of a performance. Loved that guy.

The Rekalde-Benny Citrus championship game point against Arteche-Erkiage. I can still see it in my mind. Blew me away.

Seeing Cisneros and Echaburu play for the first time in Ft. Pierce. These two were BEASTS and high entertainment. Bumped into Echaburu in parking lot and told him he was awesome and he couldn't have been more gracious.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2021 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020