Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Question of the Week Archive
Dania scratches    Magic City scratches
Re(5): What are your favorite jai alai memories? (unique or offbeat is fine)

So many memories i have over the 30+ years of having jai alai being a part of my life!
1st- Memorys were of watching Daytona jai alai which was never really great jai alai but some of the players that stood out to me where the big backcourts like Wally and Enrique II there were also some decent american fronts too like John Farcus and Dan in the early-mid 80"s
2nd- All the trips i made to Orlando jai alai and watching pretty much Every Citrus tournament there ever was there, so many great players and memories but what i remember the most was the days in the mid 80"s to mid 90"s when the place was ALWAYS packed and alot of time they would be sold out and you couldnt even buy a $1 to $4 ticket to enter (usually on friday & sat.) The players that stood out the most to me at Orlando was Bob, Mendi and Farah, there were Many really good players that passed through Orlando over the years including Goiko but it was mostly just a passing through when playing at Orlando.
3rd- Made quit a few trips to see the best players in the world at Miami jai alai but my best memory there was about 10 yrs. ago, Me my then slut wife (ex-now) and 2 yr old boy met Goikoetxea after a matinee performance (Great Guy) and we all talked for around 10 minutes in the parking lot and before he left he then went inside his locker room and got my boy a (Large Box) Miami jai alai commemorative Goikoetxea bobble head and handed it to him, I do remember him checking out my wife alot Lol and im sure she would have banged him like everyone else she was banging back then But that is one thing i will always remember the most i think. Thank God there was jai alai for all of them years... R.I.P.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2021 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020