Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Question of the Week Archive
Dania scratches    Magic City scratches
Re(1): Question for Tiger!

Joe, I know you asked Tiger the question but I can offer an answer. Bridge jumper is a term used for a bettor who lays down a huge amount of money to show(finish at least third) on a horse who they feel will run no less then third but doesn’t finish that way. Some tracks offer a guaranteed pay off of 10 cents on every dollar so a bettor who thinks the horse will finish in the money can make a quick profit. The risk to reward ratio is pretty bad though and often times I’ve seen a horse get beat and the bettor becomes a “ bridge jumper “ because they just lost a ton of money. This happened very recently at Mountaineer
Park. I think the total show pool on that race was 40k and 34k of that was on the horse who lost. On the flip side of this there is a lot of money to be made betting to show on all of the other horses . The bridge jumpers loss dramatically inflates all the other horses show payoffs. I hope this helps to explain it.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2021 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020