Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Question of the Week Archive
Dania scratches    Magic City scratches
"New Coke" - Reference Understood But Not Applicable and I Own Reality Based Thinking

You'll find few bigger fans of Coca Cola than I. I understood your "New Coke" reference but don't think it applies. Jai-Alai was never Coca Cola - perhaps RC Cola would be a better reference but I'm not sure.

I am appreciative that you have an opinion on Magic City Bada and you have been complimentary of me personally at times and the aspects of our program you seem to like. So I consider this a friendly debate.

Our current efforts are not "beyond risky," they are in fact necessary as half-measures in Jai-Alai have not worked. We are not moving away from PMW but rather playing it within a 21st century perspective. The round robin quiniela system has NEVER been easily understood or adequately explained and, in this country it will forever tie the sport to PMW wagering. It does however lend itself to W,P,S & traditional Exotics and we may be able to attract new money into those pools.

Once again, I really don't know if enough new revenue can be generated to create a profit. Conversely, you don't know that it won't because its never been tried. A year ago we did not know we'd have an enthusiastic sports-betting partner. But we do now so "realism" is very much part of the mix.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2021 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020