Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Question of the Week Archive
Dania scratches    Magic City scratches
Benny

Last Saturday (November 13) my daughter and I flew down to Fort Lauderdale and Ubered the short distance to attend the matinee.
Although the seating is limited ,the view of the court was very good and the play was exceptional. I tip my hat also to the lady who worked the mutuel window. She was very patient and, until about the seventh game, worked under a lot of pressure. I have been attending jai alai since 1972 and my daughter since around 2001. On a side note, her husband’s father, whom she did not know about before they became engaged, played professional jai alai in Las Vegas, Macao, and ended up in Connecticut before retiring in Durango, Spain.
We had to fly back that same evening so we were able to attend only the afternoon performance. Until last year I have always lived within an hour of a fronton: Miami, Big Bend, and Ocala. We stopped attending after Ocala began the two-player sham. I am proud to say that I stood with the players who made the trip from south Florida to picket that travesty. Benny, your legacy will include that you did not follow that path and that you were instrumental in providing the public with a quality product. My daughter, who is in her thirties, was probably the youngest person in attendance last week and therein lies one of the causes of the demise of the sport as we knew it: the remaining fan base has aged and has not been replaced. We had a great time on our visit but we left saddened knowing that we will probably never see the game played again. Thank you again for the many years that you have devoted to the sport.

Replies:
    • Re(1): Benny -
      • Re(2): Benny -
        • Re(3): Benny -

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2021 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020