Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta
Forum de discussion pour le Paradis de Pelote Basque

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame
Question of the Week Archive
And So As To Not Be Hypocritical.... & The Silvermark Quote.....

Lest I be called a hypocrite, by history I have posted herein under a fictitious name / nom de plume.

For some time I posted under "Walter Griggs." The name had/has no special meaning and I don't where I came up with it.

I used it because I was working for FGC at the time and I was asked to avoid responding to public comments because FGC was publicly traded and there were concerns about my making a statement that might be out-of-bounds with the SEC. I also imagine there was some concern that I might go-off and embarrass the company with some tirade in response to something I did not like.

However frustrating I find some of the comments I read in here from time-to-time I believe it is and has been a valuable forum. I don't have any problem with people wanting to remain anonymous - its easier.

Bada - quoting from the Silvermark lawsuit, a group that was very unhappy about how that particular deal went, is totally not fair. As crunch time came they asked for concessions that were untenable and it got ugly. LOL, they did fine in the B/K and got a significant "break-up" fee for their time and legal fees. So even they got millions without ever paying a dime towards "Jai-Alai" which is what this forum is dedicated to.

For the record, with unlimited resources or significant income there is no trick to operating Jai-Alai. To quote my good friend Benny Collett who has a pretty awesome sense of humor - "Do you want to know how to make a little money in the Jai-Alai business? Start with allot of money." That was in the early 2000's before it became evident that they would wind up with literally nothing.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2022 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020