Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta
Forum de discussion pour le Paradis de Pelote Basque

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame
Question of the Week Archive
Thank You William & Salary Range

There was allot packed into your post but it demonstrated an understanding of some of the overall difficulties. It’s late to go further but I can answer your question about player salary (ranges) at FGC.

Our CBA set a base /starting salary of $1,800 a month. Individuals either negotiated or were offered salaries ranging from $1,800 to (approx) $5,500 / month. This is between 2000 & 2014 before prize W,P,S prizes & championship prize monies. FGC players had 100% of their healthcare paid and for many years FGC paid for family members (wives / children), but I think players became responsible for family coverage after 2010 maybe. They were paid a cesta allowance of $100/month. Poker room distribution of 4%. I was not there during the time they received a distribution from the slots but it was most generous during the time the Collettes were there. 401k came post 1988. We paid all costs for the Visa process for players needing visas.

I don’t think it would be fair to share who made what but the list of players making over $3k / month base during this period was limited.

One of the killers is throughout this time “on-court” injuries were not covered by commercial insurance and the company was required to self-insure the players and pay for the cost of surgery / rehab, etc That could be a killer.

At the Fort from 2007 till 2014 players made either $1,800 / $1,900 or $2,000 while I was managing.

I cannot speak for what players made at any other fronton or during any other era other than the general period from 1998 - 2014.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2022 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020