Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta
Forum de discussion pour le Paradis de Pelote Basque

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame
Question of the Week Archive
Re(1): And So As To Not Be Hypocritical.... & The Silvermark Quote.....

Overall, most Jai Alai frontons have received more funding over decades after it was obvious, they would remain money losers than most other money-losing operations in the nation. Coupling was a trick utilized to force this to occur.

Any sane businessman would have fought for de-coupling, and it was the correct thing to do.

This sport which I enjoy must either live or die on its own two feet.

Now I maintain the strike killed the casual fan base, which learned slot machines do not slash tires. But whatever reasons they left for, the casual fan base spiked attendance in Southern Ct and Florida many times what the rabid fan quantity ever was. So, when that segment left the closing of frontons became inevitable. I abhor the sham operations, but the closing of frontons I completely understand, as it made no business sense to keep bleeding millions annually.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den - E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2022 by RSB Associates

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020