WELCOME TO THE FUSILIERS ASSOCIATION MESSAGE BOARD. IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST VISIT THERE IS NO NEED TO REGISTER TO PLACE A MESSAGE ON THE BOARD. HOWEVER, IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL IF YOU WOULD PLEASE GO TO :DATABASE FORMAND COMPLETE THE FORM.. Abusive, Anonymous, and Messages that do not meet the Mission Statement will be deleted and you will be banned from the site.
Note: Please take care when entering your email address. i.e. No Spaces! Please enter your email address as someone might wish to contact you direct and they can do this by clicking on your name at the top of your message and your e mail address will come up for them. Leave the LINK NAME, LINK URL, and the IMAGE URL Boxes blank. Enter a password of your choosing this will let you edit post after they have been posted.
Once your message is ready to be posted Click PREVIEW POST to check what your message will look like once on site. If you are happy with with your message then Click POST. Your message will now go on the site. If you have a photo you need to add to your message you will need to send it to the firstname.lastname@example.org
. CHARITABLE ADVERTISING on Web Site
There are many worthwhile charitable causes in existence, but we can only accept sponsorship or fundraising efforts on Fusilier Association websites, that specifically support approved Fusilier charities.
This essentially means that it is acceptable to use these pages to seek sponsorship for The Fusiliers Aid Society (which includes Fallen Fusiliers), and The Fusilier Memorial fund only.
We now have our own dedicated justgiving site (http://www.justgiving.com/fusiliersaidsociety), which you can use to help raise money for your cause. If you let RHQ (Asst Regt Sec) know the specific cause you are raising money for, it will be directed to the correct fund.
Messages soliciting sponsorship for causes or charities other than the Fusilier ones mentioned above should not be placed on the message board and may be removed by the Webmaster.
Messages posted in the last 24 hrs. are in White.
G O - GALLIPOLI 22
1. In 2022, the Regiment’s Gallipoli Parade in Bury will take place on Sun 24 Apr.
2. This Wng O gives the brief details and tasks for the day.
3. Sun 24Apr in Bury
a. 1000 – Assemble, form-up and Inspection in Castle Armoury ARC, Bury.
b. 1145 – Gallipoli Service in Bury Parish Church
c. 1300 – GallipoliParade; step off at 1310
d. 1340 – Lunch at ARC
4. The following people will manage the event:
a. Parade Co-ordinator – Lt Col (Retd) M McDonald, RHQ (N) Sec.
b. Parade Commander – Maj R Smith, 5 FUSILIERS
c. Parade Marshal –C/Sgt M Richardson, 5 FUSILIERS
d. Council Liaison and OC Churcharrangements – Lt Col E Davidson
e. WO IC the Lunch and ARC arrangements – WO2 J Kenworthy, 5 FUSILIERS
5. Todmorden Branch, the Fusilier Association (Lancashire)are requested to provide 4 x Fusilier veterans to act as marshals.
6. NW IET have agreed to provide Ad-hoc support as required.
7. The following troops are expected to be taking part in the parade:
a. 5 Fusiliers x 40
b. Lancs Band & Corps of Drums x 40
c. Fusilier Assoc (Lancs&Euralyus) x 100
d. GM ACF x 80
e. GM ACF Corp of Drums x 15
f. BGS CCF x 15
g. Sea Cadets x 40
h. Lorne Scots x 3
8. The proposed OOM for the Parade will be:
a. Fusilier Association (Lancashire) Pioneers.
b. Lancashire Band &Corps of Drums
c. Maj Smith, Parade Commander.
d. Fusilier Association (Lancashire), led by their Standards
e. 5 FUSILIERS
f. GM ACF Corps of Drums
g. Sea Cadets, GM ACFand BGS cadets.
9. FusilierVIPsand Senior Fusilier’s are to be invited by RHQ.
10. RHQ (North) will invite all Civic Dignitaries.
11. WO2 Kenworthy is to submit the PME as previously briefed.
12. A seating plan for the Church will be produced by RHQ(N) for RHQ (N) guests, seated on the Left. Bury MBC are requested to produce the plan for the visiting mayors etc. on the Right.
13. The following are requested to provide ushers.
a. The Fusilier Association (Lancashire) x 1
b. Fusilier Museum (Bury) x 2
c. Bury MBCx 2
d. Cadets x 4
14. Wreaths will be laid by the Fusilier VIP and the leader of Bury MBC.
15. Bury MBC are requested to supply the Dias as in previous years.
16. The Museum is requested to provide 2-4 chairs either side of the dais for any infirm watchers.
17. St John’s Ambulance are requested to provide 4 x medics on foot. NW Ambulance Service will be on call as normal.
18. Gallipoli Lunch will be provided at ARC Bury and will be Pie & Peas (or similar) with a vegetarian option. There will be a small charge.
19. Castle Armoury ARC, Bury will be closed except to authorised vehicles.
Mike McDonald (electronically signed)
M R McDonald
Lt Col (Retd) RRF
RHQ (North) Secretary